Wednesday, August 15, 2007

peekfrostings

Cupcake Turndown Service at Anthony's Bar

Print Friendly and PDF

Last night, a group of friends and I went to Anthony's Bar. While the name makes it sound like a typical hamburger joint, it's actually an upscale white napkin placed on lap by server restaurant. One of their dessert options was a carrot cake cupcake. Not only was the cupcake amazingly good, but it's presentation was unique and impressive.

After giving each patron his or her cupcake, our server performed the table side service of using a small knife to separate the wrapper from the cake. While this was just as unnecessary as turning down sheets in a fancy hotel, it made the cupcake experience all the more luxurious.

Sometimes it's nice to go upscale. People ate their cupcakes formally with fork and knife. Other times, it's nice to pick the cupcake wrapper up, shove it in my mouth to suck off the extra cake, and spit it out.

Note to the bride and groom: Cupcake turndown is not a service I plan to provide at the wedding.

Full disclosure: I did not actually order the cupcake at Anthony's. I just mooched off of my friend. I actually ordered the soup and sandwich dessert (a hot chocolate soup with a homemade ice cream sandwich). It was so creative. I couldn't resist!

1 comments:

  1. How amazing are these!
    I am so impressed.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics