Tuesday, October 30, 2007

peekfrostings

Learning to Share: What's "the" Difference

Print Friendly and PDF

Last night while sitting in my Idaho Falls hotel room, I decided to Google my blog name. Bloggers, you know you've done it. If you haven't - forget it, I know you have.

Much to my surprise I found that there was a new blog, "The Cupcake Project". Note the very subtle difference from my title of the word "the."

My first reaction was to feel territorial, "Who else could come up with such a unique and creative name?"

After realizing that there was no way I could rename someone else's site and therefore avoid any future confusion that readers might have by the existence or non-existence of the word "the," I decided to take a closer look at it.

The Cupcake Project is a home for cupcake drawings. It is a very happy place. In fact, I recommend that you go take a look at it and contribute your very own cupcake drawing.

My favorite thus far is a drawing of a steak cupcake, "the cupsteak." Don't miss it. There is also the cupcake person with part of his head bitten off. That one is a bit disturbing.

Anyway, it's a night later and I have decided I am willing to share (as if I had a choice in the matter). Best wishes to you, The Cupcake Project. May your blog thrive, but may mine still display first on Google so that those (my family) who Google search vs using a URL can still easily get here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics