Monday, November 19, 2012

peekfrostings

Maple Cinnamon Roasted Root Vegetable Turnovers

Print Friendly and PDF


These flaky, buttery turnovers could be filled with just about anything and I'd love them. (Have you seen my cupcake wrapped in pastry dough?)  But, these turnovers are filled with something completely fall and surprisingly healthy...

...roasted root vegetables - beets, sweet potatoes, parsnips, and carrots!  After roasting, I drizzled the veggies with maple syrup and sprinkled on ground cinnamon.  For the full recipe, head over to Paula Deen's site (I am a regular guest contributor there and this is my latest contribution).

6 comments:

  1. These look delish. You can wrap anything in flaky dough, and I'd be one happy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post are very nice You can wrap anything in flaky dough

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turnovers look AMAZING!! I wish I had one right now to eat:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! What great way to eat your veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made these last night -- super tasty! With the maple syrup, cinnamon and brown sugar, they're practically dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any nutritional info about the above? Total calories, carbs, protein, etc? I'm diabetic and have been looking for ways to incorporate cinnamon into my diet. Apparently cinnamon aids with blood glucose control. I've just completed a 28 day meal plan for diabetes on www.bewell.com, and am now trying to build my diabetic friendly homemade menu. I'd like to try the above recipe, but with homemade gluten free puff pastry and maybe sugar free syrup.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics