Thursday, July 29, 2010

peekfrostings

Focaccia Bread Recipe - Quick and Easy to Make

Print Friendly and PDF

Focaccia bread seemed daunting to make. Maybe it was the fact that the focaccia bread recipe called for rolling the dough (I couldn't just stuff the focaccia dough into a pan and call it done), or maybe it was the focaccia bread's many dimples (imagine each one hides an eyeball and try to sleep at night).  My focaccia bread fears, however, were unfounded. Focaccia bread, I learned, is easier to make than many other breads and it is fast to prepare (well, fast for bread).  Because it's not a tall bread, it only needs to rise for thirty minutes. 


Once the focaccia bread is complete, you can eat it plain or treat it like a pizza - top it with your favorite toppings and bake for a few minutes.  I topped mine with fig spread, grilled onions, and goat cheese (there's a huge hint in this sentence about my next cupcake flavor and the Flavor Bible contest winner).


Focaccia Bread Recipe

I got the focaccia bread recipe from AllRecipes.  I am reprinting it here with a few minor changes and notes.

  • 3 1/2 C all-purpose flour (added in parts)
  • 1 tsp white sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp active dry yeast
  • 1 C warm water
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix 1 cup flour, sugar, salt, and yeast.
  2. Mix in warm water, vegetable oil, and egg until dough is moist.
  3. Beat on medium for 2 additional minutes. 
  4. Stir in 1 3/4 cup flour while beating until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
  5. Remove dough from the bowl and knead in 3/4 cup flour on floured surface.
  6. Cover dough and let sit for 5 minutes.
  7. Place dough on a greased baking sheet. Roll out to a 12 inch circle (or whatever shape you choose). 
  8. Cover with plastic wrap and a cloth towel.
  9. Place in a warm place for 30 minutes.
  10. Uncover dough, and poke holes in it with a spoon handle at 1 inch intervals.
  11. Drizzle olive oil on dough.
  12. Bake at 400 F for 17 to 27 minutes, until just golden.

6 comments:

  1. This does indeed look super easy. Thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait to try it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks pretty straightforward and delicious! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making focaccia bread. It really is one of the easiest breads to make and quick, too, for a yeast bread. Your focaccia looks perfect. I love how strategically you placed the holes, oil, and rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just made this - yuuuuuuuum. Nice and easy. We ate it alone so I topped it with garlic powder, oregano, basil, thyme, black pepper and parmesan cheese before baking it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this and added my own topping to it and shared it for supper with my mom. It was so good. Thank you for posting such easy-to-follow directions! I'm definitely going to put this in my own recipe collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. uuhhhhh...it's perfect recipe ,i had made it ,REALLY LIKE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics