Monday, August 18, 2008

peekfrostings

Tomato Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF


Tomato cream cheese frosting is sweet. You might not even know that the tomato frosting has tomato in it until the aftertaste hits you - then, you'll know for sure. If you doubt that it could be good, I'll give you brief preview of my next post: this tomato frosting topped first prize winner cupcakes! Details on that cupcake and my first ever baking trophy are coming soon!!

The Tomato Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
  • ¼ C butter, room temperature
  • 8 oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
  • 3 C powdered sugar
  • 2 T tomato paste (I used extra-concentrated tomato paste to keep the frosting from getting too moist and runny)
  • ½ t vanilla extract
  1. Mix butter and cream cheese until smooth.
  2. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Add more or less to make it as stiff as you like.
  3. Mix in the tomato paste and vanilla extract.

10 comments:

  1. I think it sounds great! I've heard of tomato soft serve being sold in Japan and I've always wanted to try it! And in Korea they treat tomatoes as a sweet fruit and even sprinkle sugar on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel - We has a tomato sorbet recently that was amazing.

    Ivy - Thanks! I'm surprised you didn't say anything about my comment about you and Sweeney Todd in the last post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very interesting. Your posts always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Generally, I don't have a sweet tooth but I am liking the idea of this frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...it never occurred to me to make tomato frosting. But why not? I'm really anxious to see what kind of cake you paired it with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...this sounds different..Im trying to imagine what the flavour would be like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds insane, but I'd try it!! I can't wait to see what it went on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Again, I wait with bated breath what this tomato cream cheese frosting is going to grace. . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am dying to see the cupcake you pared this up with! you are so freaking creative.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics