Tuesday, March 31, 2009

peekfrostings

Grand Marnier Syrup Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF

Grand Marnier syrup is an extra special treat! I love maple, but some days you just have to switch it up.

You could pour straight-up Grand Marnier directly over anything and I would be happy, but this syrup recipe gave the orangey booze the perfect consistency to slather on my blue cornmeal and orange pancakes.

I also had just enough Grand Marnier syrup left over to make a Grand Marnier whipped cream for my upcoming cupcakes. You'll see both the Grand Marnier whipped cream and the cupcakes soon!

Grand Marnier Syrup Recipe

The Grand Marnier syrup recipe came from a recipe for Grand Marnier cake found in The Cake Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum. You can find the complete cake recipe online.
  • 1/2 C sugar
  • 1/4 C orange juice, freshly squeezed
  • 1/3 C Grand Marnier
  1. Heat the sugar, orange juice, and Grand Marnier until the sugar is dissolved. Do not boil.
  2. Lower heat and let the mixture reduce for about five minutes.

7 comments:

  1. Grown up syrup for some grown up pancakes. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that comment. I almost wish I had used that line in the post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank looks dangerously good - can't wait to see the cupcake post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. delicious! i see gran marnier pancakes in my future...

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing. dare i say it? maple syrup may take a backseat to this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. Just wow. I'd take the grand marnier plain, too, but oh, in a syrup. How creative! How fabulous! How delicious! I can only imagine how amazing this must taste over the cornmeal pancakes. I am so jealous that I don't have these pancakes and syrup in front of my right this instant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect article, can't wait to use it this weekend. Hey, if you want to post your article on a cool website or check out some similar articles you should go to Wacanai.com ( http://www.wacanai.com/intro ). People post their articles on “how to.” It tells you how to make gifts, food, drinks, how to fix things, get stains out and a whole lot more. I love it! You have to check it out yourself!!!!!!!!!!! They will promote your article for you and everything, plus they have graphs you can put on your page to track how many people read and use your info.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics