Thursday, May 10, 2012

peekfrostings

French Toast Cupcakes Stuffed with Peaches and Mascarpone

Print Friendly and PDF


For my second recipe inspired by Muffin Tin Chef (my first was potato and egg cupcakes, a cupcake version of Matt's Parmesan hashbrowns), I put the Cupcake Project spin on his French toast made in muffin cups.  I stuffed the French toast with brown sugar coated peaches and mascarpone cheese and topped them with fresh whipped cream and edible flowers.  


Although I developed this stuffed French toast recipe with a traditional family Mother's Day brunch in mind, it was the gaggle of gals in my book club that got to enjoy these stuffed French toast cupcakes - with wine, cheese, and crackers on a crisp evening in a friend's yard. Most of the conversation that night centered around our lives as women and mothers (we were discussing The Awakening, considered to be one of the first feminist novels).  Reflecting on the night, sharing Mother's Day cupcakes with my peers while discussing motherhood seems like such a fitting way to celebrate the holiday - so much so that I am considering making Mother's Day with friends a secondary tradition (I'm not giving up the family one, of course). 

Whether you savor these cupcakes with your mom or any moms in your life, have a happy Mother's Day!

For the stuffed French toast cupcakes recipe, head to Paula Deen's website.  I'm a regular contributor to Paula Deen's site, and this month I've shared these cupcakes with her readers.

8 comments:

  1. You work hard and deserve a little pampering. Taking care of yourself is very important for your mental health, no matter how tight your budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come its always the mothers that do most of the work on Mothers Day??

    ReplyDelete
  3. PLZ visit Sugar Drizzle, I'm still new to the blogging thing so plz don't judge and don't forget to comment to tell me what you think, thanks a million!

    http://sugardrizzle.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these look like quite the delicious cupcakes! French toast is one of my all time favorite breakfast foods, so I can't wait to try this more dessert-like option. I wonder, do you think one could substitute the mascarpone cheese for something a little lighter, like whipped cream or cool whip? I appreciate your feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These french toast cupcakes look delicious and I just happen to have everything to make them tomorrow. Thanks a bunch

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics