Thursday, March 8, 2012

peekfrostings

Savory Potato Rosemary Cupcakes with Irish Cheddar Frosting for St. Patrick's Day

Print Friendly and PDF


Sure, St. Patrick's Day makes people want to drink green beer (I've done a cupcake with that), have whiskey (there's a cupcake for that, too), and make wishes on clovers (yes, I've also done a cupcake with clovers).  But, there is something else that Ireland is known for and that should not be forgotten - potatoes!! 

This month, my guest contribution to Paula Deen's website is a savory potato rosemary St. Patrick's Day cupcake with Irish cheddar frosting that can be served as a stand-alone snack or as a unique, surprising dessert.  

Read more about this St. Patrick's day cupcake and get the recipe on Paula Deen's website.

7 comments:

  1. Do they count as dinner or dessert?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can we use if we can't find Irish Cheddar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fantastic, Stef. I've not made any savoury cupcakes yet but by looking at these, I must try. I bet the cheese tastes great and strong.. just how I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it...they look fantastic and very yummy!!!
    take a look at my turkey cupcakes....http://cocina-quetecocina.blogspot.com/2012/03/muffins-de-pavo-recordando-nitza.html...in my blog, sorry for the spanish but i´m new, maybe in a couple months can try to post in both languages. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really intrigued. It sounds so interesting and (I'm scared to say it!) delicious... though it seems like a snack to me...

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics