Thursday, November 10, 2011

peekfrostings

Maple Pecan Cupcakes with Butter Pecan Buttercream Frosting for Paula Deen

Print Friendly and PDF

Diving into these maple pecan cupcakes from the top, you’ll be met with butter pecan buttercream frosting that tastes exactly like butter pecan ice cream – so much so that you may be tempted to put it in a bowl and eat it with a spoon.  That wouldn’t be a bad choice, but then you would miss out on discovering how well the butter pecan pairs with the pecan-packed maple cupcakes made with a half cup of pure maple syrup.  Together, frosting and cupcake are pecan perfection!

I developed the maple pecan cupcake recipe for Paula Deen. So, you'll have to head over to Paula's website to learn how to make them.  Happy travels!

11 comments:

  1. Those sound unbelievable but labor-intensive. I would totally pay someone to make them for me though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a way a can make this as a cake? Would love to make it for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon - I haven't tried it. But, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw these on Paula Deen's website. They look awesome. I could probably swim in Butter Pecan Buttercream!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stef,

    Im thinking of making these cupcakes for Thanksgiving. Can you tell me what brand/grade or provide me a link to the specific kind of maple syrup you used for creating this recipe?

    P.S. thanks for this blog. I made the ultimate vanilla cupcakes a couple of weeks ago and they were wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jon - I used grade B. But, any pure maple syrup will taste great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it would be nice if there were some form of nutritional info for that recipe. I made them for Thanksgiving and they're delicious but with three sticks of butter I imagine there's more than a day's worth of calories in just one cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tried to find the recipe at Paula Deen's website but it wasn't there. Maybe it's been too long?
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anon - I just tried the link at the bottom of the post and it still works. Give it another go. Let me know if you still have problems.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, I found it. I initially didn't use the link to get to Paula's website I had gone to her website and searched for the recipe. Love your cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its very innovative blog. Thanks for sharing such inspiring experience with us. Great blog, congrats.!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics