Friday, October 7, 2011

peekfrostings

Great Day St. Louis, Dueling Desserts, and Fun Fall Cupcakes

Print Friendly and PDF

This afternoon, I sat next to my husband on the couch with our two year old snuggled next to us.  Our son enthusiastically pointed his tiny finger towards our television and exclaimed, "Mom!"  He wasn't simply trying to get my attention; he was pointing out that Mom was on TV.  We were watching my appearance on KMOV's Great Day St. Louis




I had a blast being a guest on Great Day St. Louis!  The show's staff and personalities were extremely friendly and helped to ease my pre-show jitters.  It was also fun to meet fellow guests, Naan Pruitt, Thai cookbook author, and Scott Diebold from Squeak Stoppers (everyone on the set seemed to have a squeak in their house that they wanted him to fix!).

For the show, I prepared mini apple cobbler cupcakes with brown sugar frosting topped with homemade apple chips.  I'd made all of these items before and shared recipes on the blog, but I had never combined them.  The combination was an irresistible bite of Fall. 

I'll be talking more about these cupcakes (and I'll have samples with me) at Dueling Desserts in Highland, IL at 1 PM this Sunday.  If you live in the greater St. Louis area, I hope that you can make it!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the appearance, very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool and good luck this weekend! Love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great spot Stef! You're a natural.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics