Friday, July 23, 2010

peekfrostings

Peach Cobbler Cupcakes

Print Friendly and PDF

Cobblers seem so Fall to me; brown sugar, cinnamon, and big chunks of fruit make me want to snuggle under a blanket with a loved one.  But, peach cobbler is so much better in the summer when it can be made with fresh fuzzy peaches (I happen to adore the fuzz) rather than the uniform slimy ones from a can.


My peach cobbler cupcakes take the essence of cobbler and turn it into a treat that you don't need a fork to enjoy.  They are moist and rustic - the cupcakes won't look identical because peach chunks poking out of the sides and tops of some of the cupcakes will give them a definite homemade look.  For those bemoaning the lack of crumbs, you can follow my crumb topping recipe and throw some on top of the frosting. However, I think that the coarse colored sugar serves as a nice substitute.

Peach Cobbler Cupcake Recipe

Yield: 16 Cupcakes
  • 1 1/2 C flour
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 C unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 C brown sugar
  • 1/4 C sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 C sour cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 C peaches, roughly chopped (about 2 medium-sized peaches)
  1. With a fork, whisk flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
  2. Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl for 1 minute until light and fluffy.
  3. Beat in eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract until blended.
  4. Mix in flour mixture.
  5. Fold in peaches.
  6. Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full.
  7. Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the cupcake clean.
Tamarin Spread Frosting


I'm all about homemade.  You never see me promoting cake mixes or tubs of pre-made frosting.  So, I'm a bit ashamed to admit that the frosting for my peach cobbler cupcakes was "made" by opening a jar of Tamarin spread (the spreadable Biscoff cookie), taking out a knife, and shmearing it on the peach cobbler cupcakes.  I'm only "a bit" ashamed because spreading a cookie on top of a cupcake might just be one of my very best ideas.  So easy and so delicious! Try it!

24 comments:

  1. I may have to wait to copy this exact recipe until I win one of those jars of Tamarin (I'm still holding out hope that I will win!) but if I get my hands on some fresh peaches sooner I may make the cake and improvise with the frosting. They look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this looks narley cant wait to try !1! were do u get this stuff? it lokks easy to do i love peach cobbler and and cupcakes!!

      Delete
  2. This looks ridiculous (in an amazingly great way!). Seriously delicious! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cupcakes look absolutely perfect Stef.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe. I love the concept

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I know what I'll be doing this weekend. Heading to Eckert's for peaches, baking cupcakes, then heading to the gym to undo the damage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cupcake sounds delicious, and the fall colors are gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE fall. Can't wait to use this as my computer background when September hits.

    Cookies spread on top of a cupcake sounds simply amazing! Yum! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Question, if I thinned out the biscoff cookie recipe with some milk, could i use it as a frosting for these cupcakes? Assuming that I don't win the Tamarin spread give away contest that is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG..this is a GREAT idea it looks very classy and less messy.My 93 year old grandmother recent gave me her peach cobbler recipe and I was thinking bout trying to make it for her birthday but got really discourged with the rolling and cuting dough part for the crust.Making this cupcake would put a new twist on a classic recipe and impress my great grandma.I really need that topping pleaseeeeeee.

    Shiresse S
    kizzbythesun@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. BakerChick - As another option, I'd recommend making brown sugar frosting and adding a teaspoon or so of cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!!As always. I love the sugar topping-very classy choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great!Thank you for sharing this good recipe.I'll try to make this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! These look amazing. I can't wait to get some peaches, and make some. I may have to improvise on the frosting, if I don't win the Tamarin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made these on Saturday. They are AMAZING!! Since I didn't have the Tamarin spread, I used the Strawberry Whipped Cream as the frosting. It made them very summery and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look great and sounds delicious. I bought 25 pounds of peaches at the farmers market to can, but a few will be made into cupcakes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is a great idea and they are SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea! That sugary topping is especially cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the new blog layout! Very clean and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for this recipe! I just made some last night and went a little crazy coming up with a filling and frosting to accentuate the peach cake. You can see my version here:
    http://sourkrautkrafts.blogspot.com/2010/08/tale-of-two-cupcake-challenges.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. These cupcakes are great! I skipped the frosting and used a variety of crumb toppings for more of a muffin taste.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look stellar. I tried using silken tofu instead of butter to save a bunch of calories in this muffin tin peach cobbler: http://www.muffintinmania.com/2010/08/muffin-tin-peach-cobbler.html

    The results were good but next time I'll have consider incorporating sour cream.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Do you need to refrigerate these??

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics