Friday, April 16, 2010

peekfrostings

What do Jim Carrey, Jenny McCarthy, Dixie Carter, and I Have in Common?

Print Friendly and PDF

What do Jim Carrey, Jenny McCarthy, Dixie Carter, and I Have in Common?

We are all in the April 26th issue of People Magazine!!  


People contacted me last week to see if they could use a photo of my pickle and ice cream cupcakes (umm... YES!);  lots of jumping up and down and calling everyone I knew ensued.  I wanted to post here immediately, but I figured that I should wait until the issue actually hit newsstands (just to make sure that I wasn't dreaming).

I took about ten trips to our local grocery store, Schnucks (yeah, I know, it's a funny name), looking for the issue.  Finally, I went to customer service and asked when the new issue would arrive.  I told them I was in it and the General Manager promised to call my cellphone when the new magazines were delivered.  Hours later, I got the call, rushed to the store, bought two copies (I may buy another copy every time I go to the store this week), turned to page 106, and there it was:


YAY! Thanks to all of my readers for getting me to the point where People would notice me, and thanks to any new readers coming over from People. People fans: I hope you take a minute to check out the blog and let me know if I can help answer any of your cupcake questions.

19 comments:

  1. Hey wait, since I know you, I'm two degrees away right?!

    Congratulations. You're my foodie blogger hero.

    Yummy,
    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yyyaaayyy, Stef! Congratulations ... you are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've known for years you rock...now everyone who reads People knows it too!

    Congrats Stef!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah for you!!!! This is soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I love your blog, and have gotten so many great ideas from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing and make wonderful desserts. I'm glad I stumbled onto you however long ago it was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to your blog before but I just read my copy of People and saw the pickle cupcake. Came to check out your blog for the recipe and hopefully some others as well. I love cupcakes AND pickles so I can't wait to try it out!

    Oh and congrats on the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your comments made me smile just as much (well, almost) as being in People. You guys are the best! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Congrats, Stef! That's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!! I´ve been reading your blog for a while now and i must say you ready deserve this!!! Congrats!!
    Kisses fron Spain!
    Alicia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, you deserve the recognition for all of the inventive cupcakes you dream up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That is awesome. :) You are famous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!! That is SO great!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I'm a fellow St. Louisan (well, I'm on the outskirts of the city) who's been reading your blog for probably a few months now. I just saw the People mention; congratulations! That's the coolest.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stef - That is SOO amazing! Congrats! I think I need to up my food creativity if I ever want this to happen to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WAY cool Stef! Sorry I am so behind!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics