Tuesday, April 14, 2009

peekfrostings

Punch Recipe - Grape, Pineapple, and Ginger

Print Friendly and PDF

This punch recipe combines fresh grapes, pineapple, and ginger. Other grape punch recipes I've tried use grape juice or fake-tasting powder (like Kool-Aid). Using fresh grapes in a punch recipe works really well (aside from having to strain the skins), but don't expect the punch to taste like the traditional grape juice variety unless you are using Concord grapes.

Punch Recipe

I made this punch recipe for this month's Taste & Create (the food blog event where food bloggers pair up to try each other's recipes). My partner this month was Experiments, Emotions, and Experiences with Food. While there were tons of appealing recipes of all kinds on my partner's blog, I decided to opt for her punch recipe to avoid worrying about converting a dessert into a Kosher for Passover creation (two days left!).

I am reprinting my partner's punch recipe below, with my notes. Note that the recipe makes just one large glass. Double, triple, or quadruple the recipe depending on how much punch you need!
  • 1/2 C (around 15) black seedless grapes (Feel free to experiment with other seedless varieties.)
  • 1/2 C pineapple, cubed
  • 1 T fresh ginger, chopped (The ginger flavor is VERY strong in this punch. If you are not a huge ginger fan, you may want to reduce the amount to taste.)
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 3 T sugar
  • 1/2 t salt (This was a bit too much salt for me. You might consider cutting this amount in half.)
  • 1-2 C ice water
  1. Put all ingredients in the blender.

  2. Blend.

  3. Strain.
  4. Dilute with more water, if needed.
  5. Serve chilled over ice.
Up Next

Grape cupcakes with pineapple and ginger - of course!

7 comments:

  1. This is why I love these contest things!

    I love YOU! I mean I really do!

    Only, (respectably) I would add vodka to this recipe. Does this make me a bad person?

    GREG

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is genius! I love the fruit combo. Now I can't wait to see the cupcake version of this.

    I too would love to add vodka to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really, really good. And very refreshing. I`m so getting some grapes next time we hit the market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I have never thought to make fruit punch in my blender. I have made veggie juices but it never occurred to me to make this sweet treat. Totally brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this punch (sort of) last night. Skipped the salt and sugar, and used sparkling water. Yum!!! I just love fresh ginger in fruit punch or smoothies!

    Oh, and I too thought vodka might be a nice addition to this recipe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never had "homemade" punch before, but you're totally making me want some. What great flavors you've put together. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for trying this.I love the step by step pics. They look great and the pic is too tempting even for me.
    Sorry I could not visit earlier and I have not posted my T&C Dish.I am at present on a vacation,hence the delay.I hope to post my T&C dish by 30th.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics