Thursday, September 18, 2008

peekfrostings

Toasted Ravioli Cupcakes

Print Friendly and PDF


This post goes out to all of my St. Louis readers. Toasted ravioli are a St. Louis thing. As such, we have a St. Louis website called ToastedRav.com. Melody from ToastedRav asked if I would make ToastedRav cupcakes for a special video feature on Cupcake Project. Did you catch that? Video!

Here are the toasted ravioli cupcake details.

The Details

The folks at ToastedRav all assumed that there would be meat in both the cupcakes and the toasted ravioli, but no, I opted for apple cinnamon! I've described all of the components of the toasted ravioli cupcakes in other posts. Here's where you can find them:

Cake: Apple cinnamon cupcakes
Frosting: Cinnamon cream cheese frosting
The Ravioli:
  • Dough
  • Filling
  • Frying
  • Dusting of powdered sugar and cinnamon (looked like Parmesan cheese) - No post needed on this one
The Experience at ToastedRav: The video isn't live yet, but you can check out the photos from the event at J. Pollack Photography. Wait for the code entry box to appear below the slideshow, type in "ToastedRav.com", and then press "Go!" The first pictures you'll see are of the filming in my house. Then, we went to the ToastedRav offices and various people tried the cupcakes, so you can see people's reactions. Is it bad that my favorite picture is the one of my butt?

Why I Decided on Apple Cinnamon

Bride and Groom 2.0 loved my apple cinnamon cupcakes back when I made them for Bride and Groom 1.0 so much that they are strongly considering choosing them for their wedding! However, I made them a full year ago. With less then a month to go before couple 2.0's big day, I told them that I would make the apple cinnamon cupcakes again to help refresh their memories. I haven't heard back from Bride and Groom 2.0 yet, but I sure thought they were just as good this time!

Sugar High Friday

I just found out via Coconut & Lime that the Sugar High Friday theme this month is cupcakes! Yippee!! This will be my entry!

11 comments:

  1. These sound really good! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL! They're GREAT! And I'm a lifelong St. Louisan. So creative. I can't wait to make them.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just taste the apple and cinnamon. Love the toasted ravioli!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The combo you chose sounds addicting in itself, and topping it all off with a ravioli? Perfect dessert :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! You should check out the website www.behindtheburner.com for tips and tricks on all things culinary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of sweet ravioli atop a cupcake. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delish! You are so darn creative!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics