Tuesday, January 15, 2013

peekfrostings

Dulce De Leche Frosting - How to Fix a Cupcake Mishap

Print Friendly and PDF

After perfecting a cupcake recipe, don't top it with this dulce de leche buttercream frosting.  Your tasters will be so frosting-focused that they won't notice the cake you worked so hard on.  Save this sweet, salty, smooth dulce de leche buttercream frosting to top a cupcake gone bad - one that's too dry, ugly looking, or one where the batter overflowed in the oven.  With a simple swirl, your cupcake will be redeemed.  Isn't cupcake magic fun?

Dulce de Leche Buttercream Frosting Recipe


Yield: Enough buttercream for a medium-sized swirl on 12 cupcakes
  1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat butter on high speed for three minutes, until light and fluffy.
  2. Mix in powdered sugar and salt until fully combined.
  3. Mix in dulce de leche.
  4. Spread or pipe on cooled cupcakes.

6 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making 75 cupcakes. How many cans of condensed buttermilk do you think it would take to do the crock pot version? I'm not familiar with the amount and have only used it a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be my new favorite icing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made this and I liked it, but the dulce de leche flavor wasn't as strong as I'd hoped. It is super sweet though!

    @Ashley - the condensed milk can I used was 8 oz. So one can would make two batches of this recipe (24 cupcakes). Do make 75 cupcakes you'd need three cans.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics