Thursday, February 9, 2012

peekfrostings

Passion Fruit Cupcakes for Valentine's Day with White Chocolate Frosting

Print Friendly and PDF

I have to give credit where credit is due.  Jonathan came up with the idea for these passion fruit cupcakes for Valentine's Day with white chocolate frosting.  I mentioned that I was trying to think of something different for Valentine's Day this year and he said, "Passion fruit!"  I wasn't sure about the idea at first - perhaps because I hadn't thought of it (yeah, I'm like that sometimes).  But, the idea grew on me until I had to get into the kitchen and bake them.

The passion fruit cupcakes are unique and tropical and they express more than just a friendly, hand-holdy kind of love. These are the cupcakes for the Valentine you are passionate about.


Get the Recipe

I created this passion fruit cupcake recipe for Paula Deen.  Head over to her site to learn more about them and to get the recipe!

11 comments:

  1. I love your recipes! I just wish I had easier access to some of the ingredients you use. There are so many (such as this one) that I'd love to try, but would have to mail order ingredients to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tug's - I know. I am so fortunate to have a fantastic international grocery store near my house. But, I know that not everyone is so lucky. I've had to mail order some items from time-to-time myself. Sometimes it's not a big deal. It can even be cheaper than in the store and sometimes you can get free shipping. But, unfortunately, that isn't always the case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I would have to mail order some of this stuff too, though. And I cannot afford to do so most of the time... =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound delightful! Also, I LOVE your cupcake liners. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will the frosting work with white chocolate chips? Or is white baking chocolate required?

    ReplyDelete
  6. love passion fruit every day of the eyer but on valentine's day it is a must for me :) loved your cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my country I can find fresh passion fruit easily, but it's such a kind of fruit that is full of seeds. To remove all its seeds is not an easy job, so I think you're really fortunate to have frozen passion fruit pulp in a grocery near you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica - White chocolate chips would work fine too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty and precious these are!! If I had more time tonight, I'm sure I would be brave enough to venture into the kitchen for something this wonderful. :) And I love the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I just finished making this cupcakes. I was so excited because the batter tasted delicious, however I don´t know what went wrong because as I was trying to fill the cupcake liners the mix started to curdle... still put it in the oven and after 20 mins they have barely rised...
    Texture was weird, taste was great... please tell me what what could have happened? HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!!! Incredible recipe. Is it as delightfull as i think?? ... Kisses. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics