Friday, May 6, 2011

peekfrostings

Easy Key Lime Pie Push Pops

Print Friendly and PDF


I made these key lime pie push pops using a recipe for key lime pie ice cream found on Sugar Cooking (adapted from Cooking Light).  This recipe is EASY!  Dump all of the ingredients into one bowl, transfer to push pop molds, and freeze!  The best part is that the result tastes just like key lime pie!  It's tart, not overly sweet, and has bits of graham cracker mixed throughout.  While the recipe is enjoyable as ice cream (I tried it that way, too), and it would be fantastic as a popsicle, making the recipe as push pops adds a whole other level of fun.  Push pops (like cupcakes) make you feel like a kid, ready to jump in the air and click your heels together screaming, "Yabadabadoo!"   Why, at 35, am I just now discovering the joy of push pops? 

Where To Get Push Pop Molds


My push pop molds were a gift from Etsy seller CupKate.  I love how, unlike popsicle molds, the push pop molds have a built-in pop condom, protecting your clothing from inevitable drips.  The push pop molds also have lids so you can easily save some for later (although once you pop, you can't stop!). 

Head over to CupKate's page to purchase some of your own. CupKate will also be hosting a push pop mold giveaway for my readers next week, so be sure to check back!

Key Lime Push Pop Recipe

Here's Sugar Cooking's key lime pie ice cream recipe converted to push pops:

Yield: 8 push pops
  • 1 1/2 C whole milk
  • 1/2 C Key lime juice
  • 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
  • Pinch of salt
  • 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
  • 6 graham crackers, finely crushed (you can even make your own homemade graham crackers)

  1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients.
  2. Fill push pop molds.
  3. Freeze.
  4. Eat!!
Coming Soon

Push pop molds don't only work for ice cream.  Cupcake push pops are coming soon!

14 comments:

  1. Now that's what I'm talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many great recipes on here lately! And just not enough time! I am making the bellini cupcakes tomorrow, but will have to fit these in somewhere too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since I saw those push pops on Etsy I've been dreaming of making push-ups. They were my favorite treat at the pool snack bar when I was little. I can't wait to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so fun! I make key lime pie gelato and it'd be so cute to toss it into these molds. Instead of crushed graham cracker, though, I use the Vanilla Graham Cracker Goldfish. They are so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cant find the molds on the site

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound wonderful Stef. As a kid I loved push pops. The flavor then was a Dreamcicle which is still my favorite. Makes me want to make them now that the warm weather is approaching.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound so yummy. I love all the recipes on your blog but I think I am inspired to try these. I didn't know one could buy pushpop molds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Carole! Thanks so much for checking out my Etsy site. The Push Pops have sold out in a flash once again. I am expecting new shipment on or before Friday, May 20th. I want to make sure I get these to anyone who wants them, so feel free to contact me for a pre-order. Thanks again! -Kate
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CupKatesEventDesign?ref=si_shop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cannot wait to the giveaway! I love pushpops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sounds fantastic! Thank you for finding them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. clearly need to get me some push pops... thank you so so much for sharing! love this, love you, love your blog! ha. it's a party. i'll keep you updated if i make this!
    -meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cool recipe!

    I get my push ups online from this site:

    http://www.lagunawholesale.com/category.jhtm?cid=254

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics