Friday, April 29, 2011

peekfrostings

Almond Amaretto Cupcakes with Amaretto Whipped Cream

Print Friendly and PDF


Take a gooey butter cake, cross it with a biscotti, top it with boozy whipped cream, and you've got these almond Amaretto cupcakes.  Don't expect these almond Amaretto cupcakes to be innocent cupcakes of yesteryear, airy with light crumbs.  These cupcakes are sticky and down and dirty.  You'll be licking your fingers and begging for more.

Almond Amaretto Cupcake Recipe



I got the almond amaretto cupcake recipe by converting a flourless almond cake recipe from Mish Delish to cupcakes.  I slightly adjusted the quantities and converted the recipe from metric to U.S. measurements.

I should also point out that this cupcake is gluten-free!   

Yield: 12 cupcakes
  • 1 C unsalted butter 
  • 2 C almond meal
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 1/3 C caster sugar (I used C&H Baker's Sugar, which can be found more easily in U.S. grocery stores.  It's a very fine granulated sugar.)
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp Amaretto liqueur
  1. Melt the butter in a saucepan (or the microwave) and set aside to cool.
  2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the almond meal, salt, and sugar until well combined. 
  3. In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, and Amaretto until combined.
  4. Add the cooled melted butter to the wet ingredients.
  5. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
  6. Divide mixture evenly between 12 cupcake liners.
  7. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until the tops are slightly browned and bounce back when lightly touched.
Amaretto Whipped Cream Recipe
  • 1 C heavy whipping cream
  • 1 tbsp powered sugar
  • 5 tbsp Amaretto liqueur
  • sliced almonds (optional)
  1. Whip heavy whipping cream until it looks like whipped cream.
  2. Mix in powdered sugar and Amaretto until just combined.
  3. Pipe or spread on cooled cupcakes.
  4. Optionally, top cupcakes with almond slices.
Inspiration Credit

I don't want to make anyone sad, so I had to help Kelly out after she posted the above message on my Facebook wall expressing her disapointment at not finding an Amaretto cupcake recipe on Cupcake Project.  Hope you like them, Kelly!

15 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I love anything almond flavored. we willd efintely be having these at my house soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love Amaretto and that you made it into a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look devine. Hope to be able to make them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over the last couple months I've been trying to learn how to bake for my gluten free sister. I'd just like to point out that gluten "hides" in a lot of ingredients, like store bought almond meal and vanilla extract. Anyone who is baking something for someone on a gluten free diet should check all ingredients first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing!! Can't wait to try them out for myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes! i have been really into amaretto lately! this couldn't have come at a better time. can't wait to try these out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these tonight and they were so yum!!! Defeinitely messy but so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ever thought of using crepes as cupcake wrappers?

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look absolutely fantastic!!! I can't wait to go home and try making these. I have my own cupcake blog and I'm looking for some way creative ideas to put on it!!!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. anyone consider making these eggless with a "flax-egg"?
    these look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ask and ye shall receive, huh?

    How about creme de cassis or kir royale cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Cupcake and almonds too. The combination of the 2 ingredients is perfect. I'd love to make my own Almond Amaretto Cupcake. Thanks for providing the recipe. I can now bake my own version of this cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. how long will these keep in the fridge for?

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics