Friday, March 11, 2011

peekfrostings

Irish Coffee Brownie Cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day

Print Friendly and PDF


Irish coffee cupcakes are coffee-flavored cupcakes spiked with whiskey and topped with chocolate whiskey cream cheese frosting.  Irish coffee brownie cupcakes are the same thing, but with a surprise inside...


...a hidden brownie center!

I probably don't need to tell you how sensational these Irish coffee brownie cupcakes are, or how you need to make these cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day, or how these are a coffee-lover's dream.  Just go get the recipe on PaulaDeen.com* and get baking!

*For those of you who don't know, I regularly develop cupcake recipes for Paula Deen's website.  These St. Patrick's Day cupcakes are my March recipe.

13 comments:

  1. Stef,
    I have to make these. They sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound amazing!
    I don't have coffee beans, any alternate suggestions? Would powdered Espresso work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drinking a mug of coffee and thinking if only I had one of those cupcakes, they look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't go wrong with Irish coffee or brownies. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. f/2.8 - Yes, you could use espresso powder or instant coffee. It wouldn't be as strong, but it would work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These looked so good I had to try making them! I am a pretty unexperienced baker, and let me tell were not that hard and they tasted great! I posted my adventures in making these on http://mrsfoxssweets.blogspot.com/
    You are a genius Stefani!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to give these cupcakes a hug. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound great! I made and posted some Double Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Irish Cream Buttercream this morning on my blog...and they are delish! May have to try these next. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally have to try this for obvious reasons and St. Patrick's Day is my b-day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried making these, very yummy but you can barely taste the coffee or whiskey and I used a very dark roast bean and steeped for a little too long

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great! Tried it with the mint chocolate whipped lightning - alcohol infused whipped cream. Just put a thin layer of the frosting and then a squirt of the alcoholic whipped cream...little extra boozy but very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kidding aside, is it good to order Irish coffee and an Irish coffee cup cake? What do you think?


    long island catering halls

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics