Friday, March 4, 2011

peekfrostings

Better Homes and Gardens!!! (I'm Just a Bit Excited)

Print Friendly and PDF

I opened my mailbox today to find a nondescript large white envelope.  Inside, I found a Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publication with Cupcake Project not only featured but even highlighted in the table of contents.  I did what I always do when I get news like this: jump around for a minute, then calm down and read, then jump, then read again, then think about the order in which I would share the news.

I've known that I would be in Better Homes and Gardens (I like saying the name of the magazine) for a while - they interviewed me and asked for photos.  But, I didn't realize how big the spread would be.  They used several of Jonathan's photos (including one of me that is cut off in the photo above), answers to seven interview questions (but who's counting?), and the recipe for my beer cheese cupcakes with bacon cheddar cream cheese frosting.  The photo of the cupcake on the right page was taken by one of their staff photographers after they made my cupcakes in the Better Homes and Gardens test kitchen.  So cool!


The magazine should be on newsstands soon and it will stay there through June.  It's a worthwhile read (not just the part about me).  While some magazines are all fluff and ads, this one is filled with tons of unique and appealing recipes, baking tips, and mouth-watering photos.  There's also a profile on fellow cupcake bloggers Cupcakes Take the Cake!  Get thee a copy!

27 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Stef! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! That is fantastic! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is so totally awesome! I'll definitely pick up a copy when I see it next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i must follow a friend of yours on twitter - how exciting!! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting Stef!!! Congratulations!!! I will get a copy for sure!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, congratulations! What wonderful, well-deserved recognition for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!! That's awesome!
    I'm so happy for you! You are the "Rock Star" of Cupcakes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congratulations! You totally deserve it--I love your cupcakes!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to have to pick up that copy! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so incredible! I can only imagine how excited you must be. Congratulations!

    I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg. Next you'll have your own show on the Food Network.

    ReplyDelete
  11. suh-weet! Congrats! You're a cupcake celebrity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW I am so happy for you Stef!!! that is GREAT!! How exciting! It would take me months to stop jumping around and showing everyone I saw the Better Homes and Garden magazine article!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are namedropped in this month's Olive magazine too. World domination, Stef!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so thrilled for you! I subscribe to this mag and can't wait to get the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats!! well deserved by all means!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such great news, Stef!! Congratulations! kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! That is very impressive. You have always been my go to blog for recipes. You have taught me to push the limits and use fresh ingredients and that I love. Plus, your frosting recipes are to die for.

    Thanks!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! I can't wait to get the magazine :) Keep on blogging so I can continue to read!
    http://theaddictedbaker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good job, Stef! Just want to clarify that this is a special interest publication put out by Better Homes and Gardens (it will not appear in the monthly magazine). So check your newsstands at grocery stores (and Sam's Club, Wal-Mart, Target, and Kroger's) starting tomorrow, March 15!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics