Wednesday, November 17, 2010

peekfrostings

Sweet Potato Casserole Cupcakes 3 Ways

Print Friendly and PDF



I love sweet potato casserole cupcakes!  I can't get enough of them.  I love them so much that I'm giving you three different recipes:
  1. The first sweet potato casserole cupcake recipe is one that I made back in 2007.  The best part about it is the maple marscarpone filling.  You could put that filling in any Fall cupcake and get rave reviews.
  2. The next sweet potato casserole cupcake recipe has a crumb topping and crumbs baked into the cupcakes that give it a fun oatmeal-like texture.
  3. This year, I made sweet potato casserole cupcakes with candied pecans.  It is probably my favorite recipe of the three.  But, you can't go wrong with any of them.  This year's recipe is below.  Sorry, they were all gobbled up before I could get a photo!  They look just like the cupcakes above, only they have toasted marshmallows on top instead of crumbs. 
Sweet Potato Pecan Cupcakes Recipe

Yield: 10 cupcakes

Cupcake Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • ½  teaspoon cinnamon
  • ½  teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pureed sweet potatoes (I used the kind from the can. Try to get the kind without corn syrup if possible.)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup apple cider
  • ½ cup candied pecans (make your own or buy some premade)
Cupcake Directions
  1. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, and baking soda.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, sweet potatoes, and eggs. Beat until smooth.
  3. Mix the oil and apple cider into the sweet potato mixture.
  4. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
  5. Fold in pecans
  6. Fill cupcake liners ¾ full.
  7. Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.
Brown Sugar Frosting Recipe

Top each cupcake with brown sugar frosting and mini marshmallows (you can toast them with a culinary torch for added fun).

13 comments:

  1. these cupcakes look fantastic! i love sweet potatoes and candied pecans, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blogged a variation I did a few months back with Marshmallow frosting. It was also really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sweet potato cupcakes too and have made a few recently... yours look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. um I'll take all 3! I've made sweet potato bread but never cupcakes...I'll have to keep this in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so yummy....the hard part would be trying to decide which one to make. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just bookmarked this recipe--it's on my list of to-do's for the weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look wonderful, but I don't have apple cider on hand...would using apple juice instead of cider change it too much?

    ~Carla

    www.jollyjansen.blogspot.com
    http://HoustonParentsMagazine.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving this recipe. Especially the sweet potato part.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look divine! What a great idea for the harvest season!
    -Michelle
    www.dreamingofwhitechocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are amazing. The creativity of three versions of sweet potato cupcakes. I'm blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jansen - Yes, apple juice would work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds yummy!! I'll try it.
    Leanspa

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look incredible! I'm emailing the recipe to myself now!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics