Wednesday, March 25, 2009

peekfrostings

The Saint Louis Beacon Features Cupcakes - Including Mine

Print Friendly and PDF

I don't love this photo of me (did you happen to notice my bra strap?). However, I do love this article about me and Cupcake Project in the Saint Louis Beacon! To say that reporter Kristen Hare did a great job would be an understatement. She truly did her homework. In addition to interviewing me on the phone and in my kitchen, she phone interviewed Groom 1.0, and to my surprise, she even called Kitchen Conservatory where I have taught some cupcake classes.

The cupcake article featuring this blog was part of a series of articles on cupcakes in St. Louis. If you live in the area, I recommend that you read them all. The series includes:
About the St. Louis Beacon

I do still subscribe to St. Louis's printed paper, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, because I enjoy holding newsprint in my hand while I eat my Cheerios in the morning. However, I'm forever frustrated with the deteriorating quality of our paper.

The St. Louis Beacon consists largely of people who used to work at the Post, but were laid off when it was bought out. As evidenced by professionalism displayed by Kristen in writing even these feature stories on cupcakes, The Beacon's staff takes journalism seriously.

The Beacon is a tremendous and underutilized resource for local St. Louis news coverage. I encourage my St. Louis readers to check it out.

Coming Up Next

Your regularly scheduled cupcakes will return soon. Cookie dough cupcakes are up next!

10 comments:

  1. How cool is that!?!! Congratulations on the well-deserved attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We won't look to you bra strap we will read the article.
    Congrats .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hats off to you :) (And I would not have noticed the bra strap had you not pointed it out)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats - well deserved - your blog and projects are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's it. It's official. I have met a famous person. :)

    I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! This is such exciting news! Of course, you deserve to be featured nationwide--your cupcakes are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool Stefani! I had no idea you were from Long Island. Any relation to Dawn Pollack?

    The article was just wonderful. You sure do have a great asset in that husband of yours.

    It really is a shame what's happening with the hand held print of newspapers. The same thing is happening here with Newsday. I hope they wake up soon and realize we still need local news from local newspapers.

    Kudos to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great article! Congrats on the coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great article Stef. Congratulations! Your blogs are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice story, Stef! How are those pickle cupcakes going?!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics