Monday, May 21, 2007

peekfrostings

Chocolate Chai Spice: The First Cupcakes

Print Friendly and PDF


First things first, to begin the project I went out and bought some supplies. I decided I would make 24 cupcakes in each test batch so I would need to buy a second muffin tin. I also was definitely going to want to play with piping icing so I needed a pastry bag. I ended up finding some disposable ones at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. The less cleanup the better. I'll assume they work as well as non disposable ones unless someone tells me otherwise.


Then to pick the first recipe. I could tell this was going to be the fun part of the project. There are so many recipes out there to choose from. I had a blast exploring.


I decided to start with chocolate chai spice cupcakes from a cupcake blog that a friend had told me about. This woman makes some amazing stuff and it all looks so pretty.


They turned out great! Phew. I feared that if my first cupcake was a flop, I might lose my job. :) They had just the right amount of kick to compliment the chocolateness. Having virtually no experience with piping icing, I was also very surprised at how easy that went.


1 comments:

  1. As the groom, I thought I would rate each cupcake on a scale so it can be referenced later during decision time:

    Cake - B+
    Icing - A-
    Appearance - B+
    Overall Taste - A-
    Overall Rating - B+/A-
    Comment: I liked this cupcake. It was a unique flavor and had a good texture. I do think that a little more icing could help. Good design

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics