Monday, May 9, 2011

peekfrostings

Share Our Strength Bake Sale is This Saturday!

Print Friendly and PDF


Pineapple meringue cake, cheese danish, coconut fudge, cardamom muffins, goat milk caramels with sea salt, bourbon-vanilla bean caramels, banana split cupcakes, mandel bread, apple pie, fresh-baked bread, banana cake, peanut butter banana cupcakes with Butterfinger buttercream, brown sugar cupcakes with salted caramel Swiss meringue buttercream, chocolate avalanche and vanilla avalanche cookies, gooey butter cake cookies, brown butter brownies, spring tulip cookies, homemade pretzels, key lime pie cupcakes, peach cobbler cupcakes, wine and cheese cupcakes, and much, much more will be available at...

...the Share Our Strength Food Blogger Bake Sale this Saturday!

If you live in the St. Louis area, stop by Sappington Farmers' Market from 10am-2pm, say, "Hi!", buy some baked goods, and do your grocery shopping (Sappington will be donating a portion of the proceeds of Saturday's sales to Share Our Strength)!  Get all of the details and share the event with your friends on our Facebook event page.

If you don't live in St. Louis, you can participate in your city.  Check out the map of bake sales going on around the country

Participating Bloggers

We are thrilled to have so many participating bloggers.  Some of the bloggers represented on Saturday include:


Every Little ThingSTL HopsThe Cheesemonger's WifeSouth City ConfidentialOne Hot StoveWannabe Baker and Avid HomemakerFood Snob StlThat's What She SaidIn-home Culinary ClassesInkredible StampingCiao AnnieEat Laugh LoveSt. Louis Eats and Drinks with Joe and Ann PollackSounding my Barbaric GulpThe Sweet ArtRhubarb and HoneyAndrew Mark VeetyCupcake Project (of course)

We also have many non-bloggers baking for the sale and we are greatly appreciative of their efforts!

Raffle Prizes

In addition to amazing home-baked goods, there will also be a raffle for gift cards to some of our favorite bakeries around town.  Here are the shops that have generously donated thus far (the list is growing and I'll update as more are added):


Whole Foods MarketWhipt CreamFree Range CookiesSweet ArtSugaree BakingSerendipity

6 comments:

  1. How fun! My friends and I are also taking part in the bake sale later this summer. Can I ask how you got started? There is so much information out there and Im trying my hardest to wrap my head around it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stef what a line up of goodies! I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would've loved to participate but this weekend is just too crazy :( I hope it goes well though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stef,

    I gave you a shout out on my blog:)

    Good Luck!

    I'll be in the St.Louis area next weekend for my Granddaughter's graduation:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather - It was fantastic and I highly recommend that you have one. There is a ton of info on the Share Our Strength site and if you email anyone there I'm sure that they will be happy to walk you through it. I'm also happy to answer any specific questions that you have as best I can. You can email me.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics