Wednesday, November 18, 2009

peekfrostings

Name the Dessert

Print Friendly and PDF


THIRD UPDATE: We have a winner! Thanks to everyone for playing! You guys had some great guesses!

SECOND UPDATE: We still do not have a winner. Now, I'm going to give you a huge hint and the first person to correctly guess the dessert will win. Once someone gets it correct, I will close the comments and post about the cupcake. Ready??

Here we go: The dessert recipe is found somewhere on Marisa's blog, The Creative Pot. (Sorry Marisa, you are not eligible to win.)


UPDATE: I still have not received a correct guess. Here's a hint: The cupcake contains a small amount of jam. If I don't receive a correct answer by the noon deadline, I'll give a second hint. Be sure to check back!


My next cupcake is a based on a dessert which is traditionally served with wine made from the same grapes as the bottle of wine in the photo above.

Name that dessert.

All correct guesses by noon central time tomorrow (Thursday, Nov. 19) will be entered to win an OXO prize pack which includes a medium silicone spatula, 11” whisk, and a silicone pastry brush. I personally own the whisk and the pastry brush as well as a slew of other OXO products (my favorite is the jar opener) and can attest to their quality.



Note: If you are a friend of mine and have tasted the cupcakes or simply heard me talking about them, you are ineligible. Sorry.

Second Note: If you want to enter to win an even bigger prize, check out the Challenge Butter Taste of the West Sweepstakes. The connection between OXO and Challenge Butter is what got me these prizes to give to you. More about that later. And, no, this isn't a hint.

38 comments:

  1. I think you'll be making Madeira Buns...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking the answer is zabaglione...Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going with pannetone. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure this is wrong but chocolate mousse cupcakes? Maybe thats just wishful thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Possibly a poached pear dessert (paired with Port)???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creme Brulee? That's probably just wishful thinking too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to go with the Chocolate Mousse also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is probably too obvious to be right, but is it based on Madeira cake?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Madeira cake? Depending on who you ask, it's either a sponge cake or a pound cake. I'll take either one! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. FYI - No one has guessed correctly yet. You are welcome to guess again if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bitter Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going with Madeira Buns. Can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've only made cake with... yummy, yummy cake!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My first guess is Linzer torte?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tiramisu would go well with that wine, but I'm not sure what it's traditionally served with...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you'll be making a fruitcake cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tiramisù usually goes well with dessert wines.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is it Almond slice or bakewell slice as call it in the Uk?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Trifle? Although how in the blazes you could make a trifle cupcake remains to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, how about English trifle? My other guess is Lamingtons . . . after that, I'm stumped!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A type of Christmas Pudding (cake).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sacher Torte Cupckaes perhaps????

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooops...I meant cupcakes...Sacher Torte Cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't know how many times we can guess, but maybe an almond cake like sopa durada? I have had it at portugese restaurants before.

    ReplyDelete
  25. CrepeCakes Gateau? A la Julia Child?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well apparently it's not Madeira Honey Cake, but are you looking for the "real name" of that? Bolo de mel? Or maybe Teacake, or Pound Cake

    ReplyDelete
  27. strawberry fool....the dessert, you know...

    ReplyDelete
Real Time Web Analytics