Thursday, June 7, 2012

peekfrostings

Father's Day Banana Nut Popovers for Pop

Print Friendly and PDF




If I had to give cupcakes a gender, they would definitely be female.  They dress up in cute liners, add frosting to give themselves some color, and accessorize with sprinkles.  While popovers are also baked in pans with cups, popovers are more like guys - they are who they are, take 'em or leave 'em.

To celebrate some of the most important men in your life, why not make popovers for Pop this Father's Day?  Of course, I wouldn't tell you to make just any popovers.  I created a banana nut popover recipe for Paula Deen that the dad in your life is “pops”itively going to love.  The popovers taste like banana bread crossed with croissants!

Head over to Paula Deen's site to get the popover recipe!



4 comments:

  1. Never heard of popovers but they look great all the same. Yes, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks cupcakes are girly!

    What type of pan is that?

    -Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa - Popovers are wonderful and easy to make. You should give them a try! You make them in a popover pan. I linked to one in this post.

      Delete
  2. They sure look manly ;-)
    Honestly I never heard of them either. A little rough on the edges, but I will certainly try them.
    Thanks for the link with recipe.
    Wim

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics