Friday, February 13, 2009

peekfrostings

Cupcake Fondue - Get Hot and Steamy for Valentine's Day

Print Friendly and PDF

For something hot this Valentine's Day, dip your cupcakes in fondue. Not only do you get to play with wet, drippy chocolate, but you get the opportunity to frost each others' cupcakes.
Cupcake Fondue Tips
  • Choose a cupcake that is either spongy or dense. If you pick one with too much of a crumb, it may fall apart when you stab it with the fondue fork. I used pound cake cupcakes, which worked perfectly.


  • Most fondue pots can't handle more than one full-sized cupcake being dipped at once. It works best to make mini cupcakes.
  • Any cupcake recipe can be made into a mini cupcake simply by reducing the baking time and using mini baking cups. Start by cutting the baking time in half. If the cupcakes are not completely done in that time, check on them every few minutes until they are fully baked.


  • Fondue cupcakes are best hot and fresh. If you have extra cupcakes and fondue, you can dunk all the cupcakes and refrigerate them until you are ready to eat them, but they won't be nearly as good.


Fondue Recipes

You can use any chocolate fondue recipe you like for your fondue cupcakes. If you don't have one, check out some of these fantastic fondue options from other food blogs.

Other Valentine's Day Cupcake Ideas

22 comments:

  1. I love this idea.

    Heh heh-- "frost each other's cupcakes" sounds a little dirty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute fondue pot, and a cute all around idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these cupcakes all look amazing! In case you didn't see it already, I thought that you all might like the live cupcake art webcast from the Smithsonian that is happening now. Here is a link from my site - http://www.lyvegyde.com/events/1385. It is happening today until 5:00 pm ET and it will be on tomorrow from 12-6:30 pm ET. An artist is making presidential portraits out of cupcakes, and it is a lot of fun to watch!
    Thanks,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. @yoko - I thought the same thing!

    Anything involving chocolate can't be all bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so flippin' cute...love those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! And I love your description--steamy! I can't imagine anything better than poundcake dipped in chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! A sweet way to celebrate Valentine's! Love your fondue pot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want you fondue pot!! it's très adorable!! i want it so bad :) your cupcake fondue idea is genius...i shall keep this in mind for future use.

    Happy Valentine's Day! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea ... sounds very interesting ... and who wouldnt love to have chocolate frosted cake... :) .. Laila .. http://limeandlemon.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh SHUT UP, that is just too cute!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How much fun is that. I love the idea of using little cupcakes. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the idea of the little cupcakes for the fondue! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT idea. I have a sneaky notion Fondue Pots are crawling out of the cupboards these days.

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I already left you a twitter about this but OMGOSH so freaking cute. I love fondue. And now for cupcakes? I need a fondue pot stat!
    /Clara

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazingly fantastic idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the exact same fondue pot. Why didn't I think of cupcakes before!

    Glad I found your blog.

    Congrats on the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this idea!
    fondue + cupcake = delicious fun

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey where do you get that cute fondue pot from? haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this idea! so so so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is the cutest idea I've come across in a long time! And I just happen to have a stack of truffle cups that would be a perfect mini cupcake size!
    Yeah, they're Christmas ones but I'll take the papers off before plating them, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Stef!

    I'm "borrowing" this link for a post I'm doing for National Chocolate Fondue Day tomorrow.

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics